Service Is Our Priority
Our employees are knowledgeable, experienced, and excited about the products we carry. Many have crossover interests in several departments. They are happy to provide advice on outdoor gear, fashion accessories, and even cooking tips.
The experience that our customers have both in our stores and in our communities is very important to us. As ambassadors, we want to share some of our favorite places to hike, enjoy a meal, or catch some live music. We have fun at work, and we want to share it with our customers and friends.
River and Peak Outfitter realizes that we all need to do what we can to be environmentally conscious. But, we also realize that in some aspects, it is difficult, if not impossible, to proclaim that you are truly sustainable. With that said, we are doing everything we can to do our part.
How We Contribute
- Use only paper shopping bags with at least 95% Recycled Post Consumer Content
- We actively recycle packaging from our individual packages and boxes. We estimate that we are able to re-direct nearly 75% of our waste for recycling.
- Our building is older and utilizes existing infrastructure to reduce the need for new construction and sprawl.
- We give back to the community with a focus on groups that have a positive social impact. Groups we have supported include: Boy Scouts, Girls Scouts, Venture Scouts, Front Royal Thermal Shelter, Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC), Potomac Appalachian Trail Club (PATC), and Friends of the Shenandoah River State Park.
- Many of our products are manufactured in an environmentally friendly manner. For example, our Mount Inspiration T-Shirts are made of 100% recycled materials and our Vaude Backpacks certifies their sustainability with their “Green Shape” label.
Stop by and visit to see what we can provide to help you enjoy the great outdoors.